The Grand Hotel
Since 1847 the Grand Hotel has graced the shores of Mobile Bay and stood as one of the finest historic treasures of the grand American resort era found anywhere in the county.
The Retirement Systems of Alabama purchased the iconic hotel in 1999 and has carefully stewarded its renovation and expansion for nearly two decades. In 2005, Hurricane Katina devastated the resort with a 20-foot tidal surge forcing a comprehensive year-long reclamation. The Daniel team worked with the RSA to leverage renovation efforts in positioning the resort as a synergistic catalyst for the Colony at the Grand, the new 175-acre resort community contiguous to the famed hotel. A decade later the resort remains the central hub of the community providing key programming and operational infrastructure. In 2018, the Grand Hotel will complete another comprehensive renovation reopening as a member of the Marriott Autograph Collection.
- New 175-acre resort community adjacent to the hotel
- Hotel is hub of the community
- Part of the Marriott Autograph Collection
- AAA 4-Diamond Award
- Top 20 resorts in the South and Top 125 Resorts in the World by Condé Nast Traveler magazine;
- 2011 List of the Premier Resorts in Golf magazine;
- Top 3 Resorts in the Marriott chain worldwide since 2009;
- Number 3 Spa worldwide by Marriott;
- Top 500 Hotels in the World in the January 2011 issue of Travel and Leisure magazine